Roxie was sick for a time and had several prescriptions. I or CCL would give her the medication in her food or treats but the joke was on us as she always discovered the hidden pills and ate them anyway. Now she’s better and while the vet wants her to stay on medication for a bit longer, Roxie’s not having it. Drama queen that she is she no longer willingly take the pills without force and much drama and hollering. Here for pet lovers and pill givers everywhere are instructions on “How to Give A Pill to A Cat.”
|How to Give a Pill to a Cat
1. Pick cat up and cradle it in the crook of your left arm as if
2. Retrieve pill from floor and cat from behind sofa. Cradle cat in
3. Retrieve cat from bedroom, and throw soggy pill away.
4. Take new pill from foil wrap, cradle cat in left arm holding rear
5. Retrieve pill from goldfish bowl and cat from top of wardrobe.
6. Kneel on floor with cat wedged firmly between knees, hold front and
7. Retrieve cat from curtain rail, get another pill from foil wrap.
8. Wrap cat in large towel and get spouse to lie on cat with head
9. Check label to make sure pill not harmful to humans, drink 1 beer
10. Retrieve cat from roof of neighbor’s shed. Get another pill.
11. Fetch screwdriver from garage and put cupboard door back on
12. Call fire department to retrieve the cat from tree across the
13. Tie the cat’s front paws to rear paws with twine and bind tightly
14. Consume remainder of Scotch. Get spouse to drive you to
15. Arrange for Humane Society to collect mutant cat and call local
How to Give A Dog A Pill: